Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A slow week...


Well it's been a slow week on the blog, but very busy in real life with lots of sewing and crafting, not to mention getting lots of inspiration at the Craft and Quilt Fair which finally made it to Adelaide over the weekend after touring the rest of Australia and New Zealand throughout the year. 


My intention in this post was to share just a couple of the projects I've been working on, but before I do, I'd first like to say hello and thank you to the wonderful people who've added comments to my previous entries - it was such a lovely surprise to log on and read their kind words. I've even got 2 followers now - how exciting!!


Now back to my sewing projects... as you may remember, I recently had the pleasure of discovering my mum's collection of laces and trims. It made me think about the small collection I have (a sample of which you can see above) and about what I could make using some of my favourite pieces. So here are two little purses I made during the week - beginning with a purple one of course (my favourite colour!) I love the softness of this velvet.



And the lace adorning this jade green purse is so pretty. It makes me want to learn how to actually make my own lace, something a group of very talented ladies from the Lace Guild were doing at the Craft and Quilt Fair. Hopefully one day it's something I'll be able to do too. 



Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment