Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A cute little pincushion



The quilt top is almost ready to show you - should have photos tomorrow (I'm so happy with how it's looking and can't wait to share!) In the meantime, I thought I'd share another little project I've been working on - this cute little pincushion. When I was visiting Mum the other day, she gave me this lovely piece of linen:




It was originally made in England to place over the back of a lounge chair as a decorative headrest. The linen is in really good condition and the crochet/needlework trim is so pretty, I just had to turn it into something new. So I combined pieces of the linen and the trim with some fabric from a cotton top I no longer wear and some soft denim from my stash to create the pincushion - isn't it lovely! 

3 comments:

  1. Very creative & inspiring. Love the way you transform fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea. I am sure I have linen napkins that belonged to my m-i-l that I will never use and that are mismatched and odds and ends! Must thing of using them for this! BTW, I like your blog, can't wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete