Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My first quilt top...


It's been lots of work, but here it is and I am so happy with how it's looking. As you can see, I've used the fabrics I mentioned previously which of course include a mix of purples and soft greens (my favourite colours for a while now). 



For the sashing I've used some gorgeous white cotton that my mum kindly bought for me (thanks Mum!!) - can you see the delicate printed design in the picture below? (You might need to click on the photo to enlarge it a little so you can see the detail - my basic little camera and lack of photography skills made it difficult to really capture how truly lovely this fabric is.)




As for the design of the quilt, it was inspired by the very talented Ashley from Film in the Fridge. I've been reading her blog regularly for the past few months and have been so inspired by all the amazing quilts she has created - they're really what made me want to try quilting. I particularly loved the simplicity of her Blocks and Stripes Quilt and thought this kind of design would be a good place to start - and I am so happy with the results so far!! Now it's on to the quilt back...

No comments:

Post a Comment